Katie's Corner Featured Recipe
Every month Katie features a few of her favorite things. Sometimes a recipe of the month, festive musings or some mighty fun facts.
Russian Tea Cookies
Yields 24-30 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar + ¼ cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter, ½ c powdered sugar and vanilla extract in bowl with an electric mixer. Mix until fluffy and well incorporated.
- Stir in flour and salt. Next, stir in chopped nuts.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place on cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are firm but not browned.
- Remove from cookie sheet once they are slightly cooled, and roll the warm cookies into the remaining powdered sugar.
- Cool on a wire rack. Roll again in powdered sugar if necessary.