Downtown Palo Alto
History in Silicon Valley
The Cardinal Hotel is conveniently located halfway between the airports of San Francisco and San Jose.
San Francisco Airport
San Jose Airport
THE RECENTLY RENOVATED CARDINAL HOTEL WELCOMES VISITORS TO STANFORD UNIVERSITY, SILICON VALLEY BUSINESS TRAVELERS AND FAMILY VACATIONERS
With the utmost attention to style and function, our guest rooms were fully renovated in 2013. Enhancing the property and our guest experience is ongoing at the Cardinal Hotel.
New doors and a state of the art electronic locking system were installed in 2017. And our Cardinal Hotel App, for mobile check in and improved guest communication, is currently being developed.
We are proud to claim the highest quality of housekeeping and room service. Managed by 30 years of experience and dedication to the extraordinary care of this unique property, our Executive Housekeeper has been with the Cardinal Hotel since 1987.
Deluxe Room - One King
Deluxe Room - One King
Standard Room - One King
Standard Room - One Queen
Standard Room - Two Doubles
Shared Bath Style Room
Within The Hotel Building
Two restaurants and an art gallery are within the same building, with entrances right outside the Cardinal Hotel.
- Osteria, a local favorite offering Tuscan cuisine in Palo Alto since 1986.
- Bistro Maxine, a French inspired cafe restaurant opened in 2006. Serves breakfast 7 days a week to hotel guests.
- Since 1925, guests have strolled through the hotel lobby to the Cardinal Barber Shop. Today they visit Gerardo Macareño, who has been cutting, shaving and trimming for over 35 years.
- Pace Gallery is a leading contemporary art gallery representing more than 70 artists and estates, with galleries in New York, London, Beijing, Hong Kong, Palo Alto, Seoul and Geneva.
- Lee Optometrics offers comprehensive eye examinations and their boutique provides a large selection of modern frames.
Within Walking Distance
The Cardinal Hotel is located at the heart of the city center and surrounded by a multitude of restaurants, shops, and downtown businesses.
From coffee shops to fine dining
Spas & Salons
Watercourse Way - Kim's Nail Care - Juut
The Apple store - Walgreens - Whole Foods - Sprint PCS - Restoration Hardware and many more
Yogasource - Form Fitness - Uforia Studios
CalTrain - Stanford University Shuttle
Stanford Theater - Hana Haus - Aquarius Theater - Bing Concert Hall (Stanford Campus)
Gifts & Florists
Mills the Florist - Letter Perfect
City Hall - The Post Office - Downtown Library
Warby Parker - Shinola - Lululemon - Patagonia - Bell's Books