Biking is a Big Part of Our Community
Palo Alto has been a Gold-Level Bicycle Friendly Community since 2003. The city established the nation’s first bicycle boulevard on Bryant Street in the early 80s and welcomes locals and visitors to bike through our beautiful city.
Historic downtown is an excellent starting point for a bike tour. Plan your stay with us and experience the magic our city has to offer.
Experience the Magic of Biking in Palo Alto
If you’d like an easy way to journey through the local bicycle network, parks, major shopping areas, and connections to neighboring cities, our city has created a map just for you!
Choose a route from the Palo Alto Bicycle Map to experience the magic.
Learn even more about biking and walking in Palo Alto on the city’s dedicated Bicycling & Walking webpage and on the Bike Resources Page where you can access maps from other communities, universities and our city bike map.
See the Stanford Campus on Bike
Headed to the Stanford Campus during your downtown Palo Alto stay at The Cardinal?
Take an on-campus bike tour!
Stanford also has a dedicated page for bike enthusiasts you can find here.
Bikes are the most popular form of transportation on campus at Stanford. The bike-friendly campus has a lot to offer with places to park and secure your bike as you explore.
Visit the University’s YouTube Channel to watch “Tour Stanford University by Bike”
Here are a few tips from the Stanford Bike Tour video:
- Roundabouts on Campus – go through them just as you were driving a car – stick to the right and yield to anyone already in the roundabout.
- Stanford’s Main Quad is a beautiful space to experience campus life in sunny Palo Alto
- Make sure to walk your bike through the historic arcades in Main Quad to keep them accessible
- See some art and get your caffeine fix in the Engineering Quad
- The Oval and Meyer Green offer lots of grassy areas for games, picnicking, and more
- Tresidder is a great space for lunch with eateries and hot spots you’d expect
- Use actual bike parking spots and get a U-Lock to keep your bike secure on campus and all around the city
The Cardinal Hotel Palo Alto and Biking
When you stay at The Cardinal Hotel, you’ll be well-positioned to start your journey.
Each of our rooms feature modern conveniences and comforts like:
300 TC Stripe Weave Sheets / White Goose Down Comforter
(2) Down & Feather Pillows and (2) Aquaplush Cotton/Poly Pillows
Tarocco Orange Bath Products
Luxury Microtec Robes and Slippers
(1) Complimentary Bottle of Path Water - Refill and Recycle
Housekeeping and a Friendly Staff
The Cardinal Hotel makes it easy to rest up during and after your adventure.